I have two boys – a very large (off the charts in every aspect) 2 year-old and a 3 month-old.
When shopping for a double stroller, I wanted something stylish, functional, and easily maneuvered. The Baby Jogger City Select is the only one that met all of the criteria that my husband and I were looking for.
Pros: Baby Jogger City Select
- Tandem! We did not want a side-by-side double stroller. This tandem stroller with ‘stadium style’ seating is narrow enough to fit through doorways, aisles, and clothing racks.
- Functionality – 16 positions for double occupancy. Can be used from birth up. Great for two infants, two toddlers, or one of each. You can buy car-seat attachments and carry-cots to make this stroller extremely versatile.
- Huge 3-part canopies. Each seat has it’s own extra-large canopy which can completely block the sun. These canopies also have peek-a-boo windows with magnetic closure.
- Huge storage basket. I can fit my large diaper bag, my Mamas & Papas front carrier and shopping bags in the basket with both children in place.
- Rubber tires. This was a huge plus in my book. The plastic wheels from my old Graco stroller just didn’t cut it. This stroller can move on all terrain.
- Hand brake – speaks for itself.
- Sleek & Solid silver frame
- Extendable handlebar – 39″ to 42″ for taller parents.
- Easy Fold – with a pull of the sides, the stroller folds right in half.
- Can be a single or a double stroller in seconds – great for when I only have one child with me.
Cons: Baby Jogger City Select
- Slightly large fold when both seats are attached. Takes up most of the trunk of my Ford Edge.
- Price – on the expensive side. Can easily run you $850 with a second seat kit, infant bracket and a few accessories. But I think it was 100% worth it.
- When you have a larger child in front, it can be a little hard to steer.
Overall – this was a fantastic buy. We absolutely love this stroller.